The committee on agriculture is established pursuant to the provisions of standing order No. 190.
The committee is charged with All matters relating to agriculture, including crop and animal husbandry, livestock sale yards, County abattoirs, plant and animal disease control; veterinary services(excluding regulation of the profession); animal control and welfare, including licensing of dogs and facilities for the accommodation, care and burial of animals; fisheries and to :-
- Investigate, inquire into, and report on all matters relating to the mandate, management, activities, administration, operations and estimates of the assigned departments;
- Study the program and policy objectives of departments and the effectiveness of the implementation;
- Study and review all County legislation referred to it;
- Study, asses and analyze the relative success of the departments as measured by the results obtained as compared with their stated objectives;
- Investigate and inquire into all matters relating to the assigned departments as they may deem necessary, and as may be referred to them by the County Assembly;
- Vet and report on all appointments where the Constitution or any law requires the County Assembly to approve, except those under Standing Order 187 (Committee on Appointments); and
- Make reports and recommendations to the County Assembly as often as possible, including recommendation of proposed legislation.
- Hon. Lenamparasio Phelix Caunda
- Hon. Lenamatiyo Silapia
- Hon. Christopher lentukunye
- Hon. Leshimpiro Paul Husima
- Hon. Leitoro Jeremiah Loitemu
- Hon. Leerte Patrick
- Hon. Lolosoli Rebecca Samaria