The committee on Medical services, public health and sanitationis established pursuant to the provisions of standing order No. 190.
The committee on Health, Medical Services and Sanitation is mandated to consider all matters related to; county health facilities and pharmacies, ambulances services, promotion of primary healthcare, licensing and control of undertaking that ssell food to the public.
- Investigate, inquire into, and report on all matters relating to the mandate, management, activities, administration, operations and estimates of the assigned departments;
- Study the program and policy objectives of departments and the effectiveness of the implementation;
- Study and review all County legislation referred to it;
- Study, asses and analyze the relative success of the departments as measured by the results obtained as compared with their stated objectives;
- Investigate and inquire into all matters relating to the assigned departments as they may deem necessary, and as may be referred to them by the County Assembly;
- Vet and report on all appointments where the Constitution or any law requires the County Assembly to approve, except those under Standing Order 187 (Committee on Appointments); and
- Make reports and recommendations to the County Assembly as often as possible, including recommendation of proposed legislation.
The County Department of Health, Medical Services, and Sanitation
|1.||Hon. Leshimpiro Paul Husima||Chairperson|
|2.||Hon. Antonela Lobura||Vice Chairperson|
|3.||Hon. Letura Raisy Ahmed||MCA|
|4.||Hon. Kiragu Fred Kanyiri||MCA|
|5.||Hon. Zamzam Ismail||MCA|
|6.||Hon. Osman Adan Dube||MCA|
|7.||Hon. Josphine Kundera Lesilampa||MCA|