The Committee on Labour, Social Welfare, Justice and Legal Affairs is established pursuant to the provisions of standing order No. 190.
The committee is charged with All matters relating to and ensuring and coordinating the participation of communities and locations in governance at the local level and assisting communities and locations to develop the administrative capacity for the effective exercise of the functions and powers and participation in governance at the local level regardless of gender and to;-
- Investigate, inquire into, and report on all matters relating to the mandate, management, activities, administration, operations and estimates of the assigned departments;
- Study the program and policy objectives of departments and the effectiveness of the implementation;
- Study and review all County legislation referred to it;
- Study, asses and analyze the relative success of the departments as measured by the results obtained as compared with their stated objectives;
- Investigate and inquire into all matters relating to the assigned departments as they may deem necessary, and as may be referred to them by the County Assembly;
- Vet and report on all appointments where the Constitution or any law requires the County Assembly to approve, except those under Standing Order 187 (Committee on Appointments); and
- Make reports and recommendations to the County Assembly as often as possible, including recommendation of proposed legislation.
|1||Hon. Lesiyampe Leteipan Edwin||Chairperson|
|2||Hon. Hassan Mohamed asha||Vice Chairperson|
|3||Hon. Lempei Peter||MCA|
|4||Hon. Leshipayo Koris||MCA|
|5||Hon. Jenniffer Letuyia||MCA|
|6||Hon. Leshimpiro Paul Husima||MCA|
|7||Hon. Osman Adan Dube||MCA|